Is Coinbase Legit? – Yes, It Is According to My Experience!

//Is Coinbase Legit? – Yes, It Is According to My Experience!

Is Coinbase Legit? – Yes, It Is According to My Experience!

Bitcoin, Ethereum, Litecoin have created numerous new millionaires and probably even a few billionaires. There was another huge leap in Bitcoin price and popularity in the spring of 2017. Millions of new people started using bitcoins. Maybe you are thinking where you could get your first bitcoins.

In this article, I am going to show you one of the most famous and the biggest Bitcoin platform in the world. It’s ranked #1 Bitcoin exchange by many experts but still, some people have written negative reviews of their service. Is Coinbase legit? Give me 1-2 minutes and I’ll give you my honest answer.

Is Coinbase Legitimate? – Yes, It Is!

I just created a video on YouTube where I show how you can get $10 worth of bitcoin immediately on Coinbase. It will probably be the easiest $10 that you have ever earned 😉

I used the bonus myself when I started on Coinbase over 2 years ago. Afterwards, many of my friends have used it and they have been happy with Coinbase. You can, of course if you want, also just take that free $10 and use some other cryptocurrency exchange if you want but Coinbase is a great option also.

Coinbase Review

is Coinbase Legit

Name: Coinbase
Website: www.Coinbase.com
Founded: 2012
Founders: Brian Armstrong and Fred Ehrsam

Field: Bitcoin Exchange
Overall Rank: 90 out of 100

What Is Coinbase? – The Biggest Bitcoin Broker in the World

Coinbase is one of the biggest online platforms for buying, selling, transferring, and storing digital currency including bitcoins. According to their website mission is to “create an open financial system for the world and to be the leading global brand for helping people convert digital currency into and out of their local currency.”

is coinbase legit

Coinbase is constantly growing because more and more people are starting to use their platform.

As you can see in a picture above, Coinbase is a huge company. They have served more than 5,3 million customers in 32 countries and more than 5 billion dollars is already exchanged. In addition, those numbers are rising day by day.

UPDATE: 1.8.2017: In a short period of time customers has risen from 5,3 million to 8,9 million. And from $5 billion to $20 billion.

Who knows how many customers there will be after a year or two years. 20 million or 50 million? Will you be one of them?

=> Claim Your $10 Bonus And Get Started in Coinbase Today!

Coinbase Application Available for Your Smartphone

You can also download and use Coinbase with your smartphone. The app is very practical and easy-to-use. You can quickly check your balance and sell or buy bitcoins. A video below explains more in detail how to use a Coinbase application.

Is Coinbase Safe to Use? – Yes, It Is According to My Experience

This is probably one of the most important questions to ask. When we are talking about our money, we really hope that they are safe and that nobody will steal them. We work long hours and if our money would suddenly disappear because of a scam, it would be quite disappointing even if money is not the most important thing (or even close) in life.

BestBitcoinExchange.io has ranked the biggest and the best Bitcoin exchanges. There is a top 40 list. Guess which Bitcoin exchange is ranked first? Yes, Coinbase is ranked #1 with a ranking 9.85 out of 10. They are beginner-friendly and they have a trust score A+ (=the best).

Most complaints were about slow or a bit unfriendly customer service. I don’t have personal experience with their support because I have never needed it. They have a comprehensive support library where I have found an information for all of my questions. If you need to ask a question, you can submit a ticket and they will come up with an answer to you.

I have never had any problems with Coinbase. They gave me a free bonus when joining. Then I have made a few deposits successfully without any problem. I have withdrawn money without any problem. So in my experience, Coinbase is safe to use. Their convincing statistics (8,9 million customers in 32 countries) convince me even more. If it would be unreliable, why so many people would be using it? Why would it be ranked as the best Bitcoin exchange in the world?

How Much Does Coinbase Charge for Buying/Selling Bitcoins?

I must admit that exchange fees are a bit higher in Coinbase compared some other Bitcoin exchanges. That’s why it works better for long-term investing rather than for short-term trading. They give also a bonus of $10 when you make your first $100 deposit which naturally compensates a bit higher exchange fee.

The exchange fee depends on which country you are living. For example, in the US, and in Europe a fee for buying/selling bitcoins is 1,5%. But their bonus naturally compensates a high fee. I recommend that you buy bitcoins and hold them for a longer time.

Short-term trading is speculation anyway but long-term prospects of Bitcoin look very promising.

Conclusion – Is Coinbase Legit?

I and all of my friends who have used Coinbase have had a positive experience with them. One of my friends said that sometimes their server is down when you can’t do trading. However, nowadays I’m checking my Coinbase account quite rarely so it doesn’t bother me. I’m a long term investor and not a trader.

Coinbase platform is easy-to-use and I have earned good money by buying and selling bitcoins on Coinbase and on other platforms.

=> Get $10 Bitcoin Bonus Today!

Coinbase Alternative – Make a Living Online

If you are interested in making money online, then I recommend you to go to Wealthy Affiliate. Their step-by-step training has helped me and thousands of other people to make a living online. You can get started for completely free with 20 interactive video lessons.

I know it sounds good already but they’ll also provide you 2 free websites and other tools that will help you to get started with making money online. I provide also my 1-on-1 support and help for all people who join Wealthy Affiliate through my website.

I am offering you this alternative because you will still most likely need an income even if you are investing in bitcoins. Wealthy Affiliate training helps you to build an online business which will bring in a monthly income that’s growing all the time. Some people achieve even $10,000/month income level and much more. It’s not a get-rich-scheme but everything is possible if you are willing to put in the work.

Take a Closer Look at Wealthy Affiliate here!

Coinbase at a Glance…

Name: Coinbase
Website: www.Coinbase.com
Founded: 2012
Founders: Brian Armstrong and Fred Ehrsam

Field: Bitcoin Exchange
Overall Rank: 85 out of 100

VERDICT: LEGIT

If you have any questions about Coinbase or about bitcoins in general, don’t hesitate to ask. I will be more than happy to help you out.

Have you used Coinbase or other bitcoins exchanges? What kind of experiences did you have?

Let me know in the comments below! 🙂

Coinbase

Coinbase
8.8

Platform

9.5/10

Reputation

8.5/10

Prices and fees

8.0/10

Overall Ranking

9.0/10

Pros

• The biggest bitcoin platforms in the world
  • Works in +30 countries
  • Very user-friendly and easy-to-use platform
  • +8,9 millions customers served (and growing rapidly)

Cons

• Exchange fee is a bit higher than in some other providers
By | 2017-11-23T12:53:15+00:00 November 21st, 2017|Categories: Bitcoins|Tags: , , |64 Comments

About the Author:

Roope is the founder and creator of YourOnlineRevenue.com. He has created this website in 2015 to help you to create a successful online business. If you have any questions, don't hesitate to contact us by leaving a comment below! We hope you enjoy!

64 Comments

1. corey December 8, 2017 at 11:39 pm - Reply

hI Roope, first time investor here. New to Bitcoin universe. Do you recommend coin base as a starter for the likes of myself? And how much is the minimum to invest whilst gaining a decent return in the long run ( in your opinion?)

• Roope Kiuttu December 9, 2017 at 11:02 am - Reply

Hi Corey,

yes, I certainly recommend Coinbase for a starter. I also recommended it to my mother. 😉

Well, it depends what do you exactly mean with a decent return. I believe that the value of one Bitcoin will be over $50,000 during the next year. For some people a decent return is measured in hundreds while for other people it’s measured in tens of thousands of dollars. That’s why you need to decide it yourself.

2. fern2x2001 December 8, 2017 at 6:37 am - Reply

Aside from reviews, i also look for proofs of real people that really earned on these kind of sites. That is very important for me to know if a site is legit. So thanks for researching on these sites and trying it and reviewing it for us. It helps us in determining sites that is legit and those that are not. With the rise of bitcoin value, a lot of people tends to find different ways on how to acquire it. As i understand, this site is not a competitor of bitcoin but a site that give ways to acquire and sell it.

• Roope Kiuttu December 8, 2017 at 10:40 am - Reply

I have at least 3 close friends who have made money with Coinbase. Then I have made myself and I know tens of people on the Internet who have made as well. In addition, they have thousands of happy users worldwide. So, I can say Coinbase is legit 🙂

3. Henrywrites November 25, 2017 at 2:56 pm - Reply

I think Coinbase is good considering that top cryptocurrency traders in this part of the world uses it to trade bitcoins and the rest of it. One thing I always check out when looking for sites to earn or do business is not the number of reviews that is there, but to be sure that real people are earning from it as well.

• Roope Kiuttu November 25, 2017 at 8:06 pm - Reply

That’s a good principle. I also use it. Of course, we can’t solely depend on that. There are tons of systems where people earn lots of money but still are a bit shady. But Coinbase isn’t a shady company at all 🙂

• Henrywrites November 26, 2017 at 1:10 pm - Reply

I concur that Coinbase is one of the best around considering that some friends earn from it. I can happily recommend the site to any friend that is interested on trading cryptocurrency of any kind.

• Martinsx November 28, 2017 at 11:13 am - Reply

@Henrywrites It was quite a pity that over here in Nigeria, coinbase services isn’t supported. It is really a shame when I tried getting into it and saw the backslide for we Nigeria. But I took out time even after going through @Roope’s reviews here and researched more about the company. Coinbase is as real as a genuine company could ever be. It’s true that bitcoin is still considered best of all, but coinbase is getting up there sooner or later.

• Roope Kiuttu November 28, 2017 at 3:37 pm - Reply

What do you mean with, “It’s true that bitcoin is still considered best of all, but coinbase is getting up there sooner or later.”?

Coinbase is an exchange that sells Bitcoins. So, it’s not a competitor of Bitcoin 😉

4. Martinsx November 24, 2017 at 12:14 pm - Reply

Hi @Roope
    I just completed registration on coinbase now but as I tried to buy or sell using the platform, I got a notification that it’s not supported in my country. This is the notification I received from the website, “Coinbase does not currently support buys/sells in your country. Subscribe to our blog to be notified when we add support for your country”.

I believe this means that the offers of coinbase wouldn’t reach me as a result of them not supporting any transaction in my country?

• Roope Kiuttu November 25, 2017 at 1:25 pm - Reply

Yes, it seems that it’s not available in your country at the moment. Well, need to go for other opportunities then. There are still tons of great options available 🙂

• Martinsx November 26, 2017 at 1:30 pm - Reply

It’s quite a pity that this offer of $10 in coinbase is just going to slip past me with both eyes open simply because there services is not supported in my country. Sometimes, I wonder why some these things don’t work in my state. I have had issue with PayPal not having its services supported here, it’s really frustrating.

• Roope Kiuttu November 26, 2017 at 1:45 pm - Reply

Yes, I understand. It must be frustrating. Then need to find the other way around.

• Martinsx November 28, 2017 at 11:18 am

Hi Roope

I think I found a way to work around getting into coinbase but I wish to bring it to your attention first and hoping it’s not anything illegal or breaking of rules before I try it out.

What about making use of VPN to work past the issue of country challenges? A friend suggested that to me but I just want to confirm from you first. I’m eagerly waiting for your response.

Thanks.

• Roope Kiuttu November 28, 2017 at 3:34 pm

I guess it’s not right according to rules. It’s like fooling the system. I recommend that you just forget Coinbase until it will be available in your country. There are tons of other great ways to make money online still.

5. Mary November 24, 2017 at 9:04 am - Reply

Thank you sir Roope for sharing and making this post. I always watched youtube videos online regarding coinbase and your post also helps me to know more about it. 🙂 I really want to know more about bitcoins/bitcoin mining. I used to research different bitcoin apps thru playstore and google but some of them are fake and scam. By the way, this was a really helpful post. 🙂 Thumbs up!

• Roope Kiuttu November 24, 2017 at 8:03 pm - Reply

You’re welcome Mary! 🙂

Bitcoin mining isn’t really profitable anymore unless you have extremely high-quality resources for that purpose. However, I strongly believe in the future of cryptocurrencies. There are so many benefits compared to normal fiat currencies.

By the way, have you already taken your $10 bonus on Coinbase?

6. xobe November 23, 2017 at 7:15 pm - Reply

Good to know about this Coinbase investements and I know that dealing with bitcoin is trending and most people are used to it. Same with stocks, you cannot predict the value if it will goes up or down. I just wanted to know, what if the account holder dies and the person had huge amount invested in Coinbase, can someone claims for it coming from the relatives or not?

• Roope Kiuttu November 23, 2017 at 7:57 pm - Reply

I don’t know what happens in that case. You need to contact Coinbase support to get the information for that 🙂

7. mildredtabitha November 23, 2017 at 12:36 pm - Reply

I have automatically liked coinbase by just reading this post. I haven’t worked for bitcoins before or created a bitcoin wallet. I will immediately download the coinbase app after I replace my old smartphone in few weeks now. It is good you mentioned the high exchange rates because now I will be very well aware of what I will be getting myself into. I won’t mind the high fees as long as coinbase has good reviews already.

• Roope Kiuttu November 23, 2017 at 12:54 pm - Reply

Yes. Many people say Coinbase is the best and the most trusted cryptocurrency exchange. I have put now the ranking 90 out of 100 on my review because I am even more confirmed about their good quality.

High fees don’t matter if you just buy and hold bitcoins like I do. In addition, they give that $10 sign up bonus which is one of the best parts there.

8. Martinsx November 23, 2017 at 9:32 am - Reply

I just took time to watch the YouTube clip you uploaded on this article, and it seems pretty easy for one to just get the $10 worth of bitcoin by simply following the steps outlined in the video in using the link http://www.youronlinerevenue.com/coinbase. I will definitely try this out and tell you if I’m successful with it.

The rate at which bitcoin is trending today, if care is not taken I have reasons to believe that in no distant time it would even dominate the real medium of exchange in buying and selling for money and not just online money.

I heard about bitcoin during my university days in school but I wasn’t explained how it really worked but now I’m well aware of its worth and benefits, I would never miss the opportunity of taking advantage of getting more bitcoin.

• Roope Kiuttu November 23, 2017 at 12:59 pm - Reply

Yes, I certainly recommend taking that free $10 🙂

It’s certainly possible (and even probable) that Bitcoin will dominate the world’s economy in the future. It has so many benefits compared to normal currencies.

Some people say that the price of one bitcoin will be $500,000 in a few years. The time will show.

• Martinsx November 24, 2017 at 11:57 am - Reply

On the free $10 from coinbase, I’m definitely taking that no doubts or questions asked. Who doesn’t love making a few dollars from absolutely doing exactly nothing, personally I won’t pass up such opportunity.

I have know some that bitcoin has made millionaires here in Nigeria. They are ones that had the foresight and invested in it years back, now they are making tons of money from the little they invested back then.

Now here, there are several seminars aimed at educating people about the benefits of investing in bitcoin because it might literally serve as a long life investment that would keep yielding more than someone bargained for.

• Roope Kiuttu November 24, 2017 at 9:35 pm - Reply

Yes, Coinbase offer is great. My friend also became a millionaire with Bitcoins. He invested lots of money and it went quite well 😉

9. ecole11j November 23, 2017 at 3:34 am - Reply

I’ve used Coinbase myself for a few months now. I’d been curious about cryptocurrency for a while and decided on a whim to give it a try. I put $5 each in Bitcoin, Ethereum, and Litecoin. I can also attest to it being a very good cryptocurrency manager.

• Roope Kiuttu November 23, 2017 at 1:00 pm - Reply

Thanks for sharing your experience ecole. Who knows how valuable that $5 will be in a few years 🙂

• ecole11j November 25, 2017 at 6:36 am - Reply

Thanks! I guess we’ll see what happens. Anything is possible. I mean, $5 worth of Bitcoin purchased in 2010 would be worth millions by now. Here’s hoping!

• Roope Kiuttu November 25, 2017 at 12:33 pm - Reply

True! And even my friend who started investing in 2015 became a millionaire. Who knows where the price will be after 2 years?

10. Fantasia November 23, 2017 at 2:50 am - Reply

I’m glad to hear this is legit. I’ve actually been following the Bitcoin story for a while now and I was highly scared by the incident of Mt. Gox closing down and losing all those people money. Supposedly that was the main company to use for storing Bitcoin and they closed without notice or even compensation, which is why I’ve always been kind of hesitant. That was a long time ago though and since I’ve always been interested in trading I might give this a shot. Thanks for the review.

• Roope Kiuttu November 23, 2017 at 12:36 pm - Reply

I think the best way to prevent big losses on that kind of incidents is to allocate your bitcoins to many exchanges. Kraken, Coinbase, Markets.com, eToro, etc. Then potential losses won’t be so big. Of course, there is risk in every kind of investing.

But there’s also risk in having your money on your bank account. The value goes down all the time by default when banks print more money. That’s why I don’t usually keep almost any money on my bank account. I prefer putting it to investments where the money works for me. If I lose on some investments, that’s part of the game. The profits beat losses in the long run anyway.

11. felabruno November 22, 2017 at 9:55 pm - Reply

I have never used it but I might give it a try. It is legit for sure and it looks very professional. I know someone who saves money in bitcoins and is very glad about it.

• Roope Kiuttu November 22, 2017 at 9:58 pm - Reply

Yes, it’s legit for sure.

Have you already taken your free $10 worth of bitcoins from Coinbase through my link?

12. genesis October 23, 2017 at 12:36 am - Reply

I see. So this is how you’ll get 10$ when you deposit. And exchange rates using coinbase. All I know is mining sir. Another work of art, or rather by a good techie out there.

Cryptocurrency is really hard to understand. I should really broaden my horizon about this. For sure in near future theses cryptocurrencies will be the main source of exchange not just online but also on regular work basis.

• Roope Kiuttu October 23, 2017 at 1:11 am - Reply

Just read more articles and check more videos on YouTube to understand cryptocurrencies deeper. I must admit that it has taken lots of time to understand how they work but after researching more I started to understand the mechanism 🙂

I agree with you that cryptocurrencies may become the main currency in the future.

By the way, may I ask how much do you earn from cryptocurrency mining? I have heard from many sources that it isn’t very profitable nowadays. So it would be possible to earn only very little money. Is that true?

• genesis October 24, 2017 at 5:50 am - Reply

It’s true sir, only if you’ll invest. Actually, some sites provides 10% -15% daily of your total deposit. But the last site wherein I invested my money, AuroraMine, just went offline last night. But there are more other sites which are still active ’til now like laseronline or bitdetector.biz. But after what I’ve experienced with AuroraMine, better to research more before investing. I wish I can turn back, LOL. But others really earned in this site since AuroraMine was active within 25days. I’d say, sorry for those people (like me) who invested late in the site. :'(

• Roope Kiuttu October 25, 2017 at 12:46 pm - Reply

The fact that AuroraMine went down so quickly tells something negative about their “business”. I highly recommend doing the research before spending time and money on those sites.

Anyway, I think that the reward for mining is so small nowadays that it’s not worth it. Have you invested money on bitcoin or other cryptocurrencies?

• genesis pabilonia October 26, 2017 at 12:14 pm

Only on bitcoins sir, I’m not used to other cryptocurrencies such as etherum, like that. Well mining sir will actually depends on how good your PC is. If you got 1 PC and the specs are low, you’ll also earn low. Others sir especially here in Philippines are investing for computers who are worth mining, lot of rigs such as that, to earn higher bitcoin. I know some sir they are given certificate or validation that their earnings in bitcoin is legal. They’ll actually also lending help by letting others to invest and 200% of they invest will return in three months or 12 weeks. The maximum investment would be 50k and minimum is 1k in peso. But I haven’t tried this yet sir, I got trauma because of what AuroraMine did to me. But for now I still have telegram in which I would say very legit sir.

• Roope Kiuttu October 27, 2017 at 11:48 am

I see. I really recommend being careful with those opportunities so it doesn’t happen again what happened with AuroraMine. Always, when somebody promises guaranteed high returns in a short period of time, I am quite suspicious.

13. vinaya September 8, 2017 at 12:38 am - Reply

I have coinbase account, this is the only bitcoin wallet I have. I have of course used some other bitcoin wallet while transferring funds to merchants, however, I store my bitcoins on coin base. Sadly, coinbase does not operate in full function in my home country.

I can send and receive bitcoins, however I cannot buy and sell through my coinbase account. Thie wallet also supports PayPal payment option (for buying), however, this is only available in the US.

• Roope Kiuttu September 8, 2017 at 10:56 am - Reply

I understand. Hopefully Coinbase starts operating in your country as well in the future. It works well in more than 30 countries at the moment including Finland and Austria where I have lived.

• vinaya November 22, 2017 at 11:21 pm - Reply

Whether you want to send or receive bitcoins or want to buy and sell bitcoins, coinbase is a good program. However, this is not the only program for bitcoin wallet and bitcoin trading. How does this compare to bitpay, blockchain and other bitcon wallets? I want to read about other bitcoin wallets.

• Roope Kiuttu November 22, 2017 at 11:31 pm - Reply

I haven’t tried Bitpay or Blockchain yet. However, I have used also Kraken and Markets.com. I can probably write an article about them in the future.

• Martinsx November 23, 2017 at 9:47 am - Reply

I don’t have a coinbase account yet for bitcoin wallet but from the look of all things and majority of the post and replies that I have read so far, it appears to be as real as it would get in being a legit bitcoin investment.

My network connection seems to be unstable this morning but definitely before the day runs out I must surely start up an account in coinbase using the link issued out here by @Roope.

14. Yvonne September 2, 2017 at 11:34 am - Reply

Hi Roope,

After reading your article, I have decided to use Coinbase, however, is currently not support in Malaysia. May I know is there any other platform you will recommend?

• Roope Kiuttu September 2, 2017 at 12:39 pm - Reply

Hi Yvonne,

I have also used Kraken.com and it has worked very well. Also, many of many of my friends have positive experiences while using Kraken.

15. Wizkha1 August 19, 2017 at 6:36 am - Reply

Hi Roope! Excellent video!

I’ve never used Bitcoint, so I’ve never used Coinbase, but after reading this article I think this website will be the first site where I’ll make my exchanges, it’s legit, has an excellent platform, and if you and all your friends have used it and have no problems, then probably I’d not have any problems either. I’ll give it a try! Excellent article.

• Roope Kiuttu August 19, 2017 at 9:38 am - Reply

Hi Wizkha

yes, many of my friends who have used Coinbase and none of them had problems with them. Everything worked well and they earned quite a good money.

Many people say Coinbase it’s the best Bitcoin exchange platform in the world.

16. alexanderzx360 August 10, 2017 at 4:40 pm - Reply

I can definitely support this review. Me and a couple of friends started buying and selling bitcoins for hobby a few months ago and we ended up using Coinbase at least three times, all of them with very succesful transactions and with very good experiences with trading. A friend of mine tried BestBitcoinExchange and also got a good experience, but I’ve personally never tested it, it would be great if you could review that website too! Bitcoin exchange is very popular these days and these reviews are very useful, keep up the good work

Cheers

• Roope Kiuttu August 11, 2017 at 7:46 am - Reply

Hi Alexander,

I quickly checked BestBitcoinExchange but it seems to be a website where they review other bitcoin exchanges. I don’t think you could buy or sell Bitcoins on their website. Could you put a link at a website what you were meaning?

I’m always open for trying and reviewing new cryptocurrency services.

-Roope

17. yemozy August 9, 2017 at 1:09 pm - Reply

Yes, I must say, Coinbase is legitimate. I have some few years experience with Bitcoin and i have had to come across sites like Blockchain and Coinbase. Reviewing my dealings with these sites especially Coinbase, i have tested them severally and they have not been found wanting.

I must say bitcoin trading is fun and if you no nothing about bitcoin,definitely you will not know much about Coinbase. But if you do little research, You will also attest to the fact that Coinbase is cool.

• Roope Kiuttu August 9, 2017 at 2:43 pm - Reply

Hi Yemozy,

thanks for sharing also your experiences with Coinbase. It’s one of the biggest Bitcoin exchange in the world and their $10 starting bonus is cool. In addition, their platform is easy-to-use. What else could we ask for? 🙂

-Roope

18. Raeanna August 9, 2017 at 1:36 am - Reply

I have heard about this website while researching about bitcoin. I have not bought any but I have heard it is a wise idea. I know I often see various apps that claim you can earn bitcoin but I have never tried them but having browsed your site you probably would have an idea if such apps are worth it or not.

• Roope Kiuttu August 9, 2017 at 2:23 pm - Reply

Hi Raeanna,

yeah, you can earn bitcoins with some apps and websites but I haven’t used them. Actually, you are only earning some cents so I thought they are not worth the time. Probably I’ll give them a closer look later but at the moment I wouldn’t recommend spending your time with them.

-Roope

19. Austin August 1, 2017 at 5:14 pm - Reply

Great article. I am so interested in crypto currency. I do not have the proper amount of finances at this time to pursue anything in that realm. You have done a great job of getting me interested in coin base and its functions. I look forward to eventually coming back here and learning more about it.

• Roope Kiuttu August 2, 2017 at 8:49 am - Reply

Hi Austin,

even $100 is a proper amount. I think the common myth is that you would need lots of money to start investing but I think actually the opposite. It’s better to start investing when you have little money because then it will add up over the time course.

Let me know if you have any questions of cryptocurrencies and I’ll be more than happy to help you out.

-Roope

20. Rebecca January 29, 2017 at 9:19 am - Reply

Hi Roope!

I’m currently a student who’s interested in learning a lot about trading/investing. Are there any platforms you would recommend to learn about investment/trading?

On a side note, does coinbase have any age restrictions, and is it available worldwide?

Great review on coinbase btw! I always love reading articles based on experience. =]

• Roope Kiuttu January 29, 2017 at 10:01 am - Reply

Hi Rebecca,

I want to say that I don’t recommend trading because in the long run trading fees are going to pay a lot and eat a big part of your profits. I recommend making long-term investments. World’s richest and the most famous investor Warren Buffett, said a principle don’t buy a stock if you are not planning to keep it at least for 10 years. That’s only one point of a view but it gives a valuable wisdom. Don’t buy something based on your feelings.

I recommend to read a few books about investing because they will pay you (tens of) thousands of dollars in the form of profits. The Intelligent Investor is probably one of the most famous books about investing. I have it on my bookshelf too. When I asked advice from one quite successful investor, he recommended to read this book by Colin Nicholson. And then Rich Dad, Poor Dad by Robert Kiyosaki is a very powerful book about the right mindset. It doesn’t give concrete steps teaches principles on to create wealth.

Let me know if those books are what you are looking for.

I believe that Coinbase is available only people who are over 18 years old. But you can check it by asking it from their support. It’s available already in 31 different countries and expanding.

-Roope

21. Ben January 25, 2017 at 5:27 pm - Reply

Very interesting. I was always wondering how to get into the world of bitcoins. I can probably download Coinbase on my phone, start off small,, and see how it goes from there.
    I would do it more as a hobby, not as a way to make real money. For that, I think I will check out your Wealthy Affiliate recommendation.

• Roope Kiuttu January 25, 2017 at 6:54 pm - Reply

Hi Ben,

getting into a world of bitcoins is very easy. You can give it a try and take my $10-bonus if you want.

It’s wise that you don’t put your whole financial hope on bitcoins like you mentioned. But it can work as a little hobby to make extra income. I don’t recommend trading bitcoins because you never know when it goes up and goes down. I prefer it more as a long-term investment. What do you think? Which one would you like more?

-Roope

22. Oliver Chamberlain January 21, 2017 at 12:25 am - Reply

I have been hearing a lot about these bitcoins. People are saying they’re going to take over as the world’s primary currency? I don’t know about that. But it’s interesting to read that you made money from trading it, which is always a good thing. I definitely want to learn more about it, but it would take a lot for me to use that as a business.

Thanks for the education on this!

• Roope Kiuttu January 21, 2017 at 8:58 am - Reply

Hi Oliver,

It may that bitcoins will be the world’s primary currency in the future. Who knows? 🙂

I want to make a difference between trading and investing. Trading is something that you do daily (or at least weekly). You buy and sell bitcoins and make a profit. But investing is something where you put your money to get a profit in a long term. I definitely prefer investing over trading.

-Roope

23. Jamie January 16, 2017 at 11:59 pm - Reply

Hi Roope,

I have yet to buy or sell any bitcoins, but have been thinking about it for a long time. I have to educate myself a little more on how they work, and the potential for investment. It looks like Coinbase might be the best platform out there for bitcoins based off of this review. Thanks for the post.

• Roope Kiuttu January 17, 2017 at 11:59 am - Reply

Hi Jamie,

yes, it’s always very important to educate yourself if you want to invest in something. Many times the more educated you are, the better results you will get. I don’t bitcoins only as a short-term investment but rather as a long-term investment because I believe that the value will go up in the long run. Coinbase can be a good one to invest because you can get a $10-bonus through my link.

-Roope